Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Biggest Loser

I am not a big TV person. I love watching sports and "informative" TVshows (news, Food Network, History Channel, etc.) but I've never been into sit-coms or, especially, reality shows. I've never had the interest to watch one episode of American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Survivor, Gossip Girl, The Hills, you name it.

Last night after watching the NBC Nightly News (I love me some Brian Williams) I got suckered into watching ET because of the Patrick Swayze coverage (absolute saddness, I loved him). The TV was still on as I did a few chores around the house, and that's when The Biggest Loser came on.

In other words, I finally got to see who this "Jillian" person is that everyone and their grandma's mailman is talking about.

O.M.G. Who on earth thinks talking to people like that is acceptable? NBC must have worn out their bleep machine. The F word?! Come on. I understand the "tough love" concept for motivation, I do. You can't coddle people. You can't let people cling to excuses. But I believe there's a balance. Being spoken to like a dog does absolutely zilch to motivate me. I mean, it would motivate me to get my morbidly obese face up in hers and tell her that she can bite me....but that's about it.

On the other hand, the contestants obviously (I hope) knew more about the concept of the show than I did, so they knew what they were signing up for. I guess it works for the show and they get the ratings and results they want. But wow, still no excuse. Jillian, you are no lady.

Then my hubsand came into the room and made mooo-ing noises at the 500 pound lady. So I asked him if he'd rather she be at home eating a Jell-O Pudding Cup (I used that as an example since I knew that was what Hubby was coming into the kitchen to get..probably not nice, but hey, I'd had one too) instead of trying to improve herself?

So he got huffy, I was huffy he was making fun of fat people and mad that this Jillian wench gets paid millions to have a potty mouth and be mean.

Whew. I need to stick with watching Paula Deen. Zoning out in front of butter and bacon is, ironically, much more healthy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment