Thursday, September 17, 2009

I lied yesterday. I told you that I didn't watch tv shows, but that's not true. I have two shows: The Office (season premiere tonight, wooooohoo! Jim + Pam = 4ever) and Criminal Minds (which Hubby got me into). But other than that, tv programming is crap.

Ok, now that my confession is off my chest, I can go about my day.

Maybe it's the start of fall (which, here in Florida you would never know, considering it will be 92 today) but I've got a whole heap of crafty projects I want to start.

I want to re-dedicate myself to learning knitting and crocheting. I want to finally suck it up and take my annoying, irritating sister in law up on her offer to teach me to use the sewing machine. I want to make a fall foliage wreath for the front door (actually 2, because we have double doors). I want to make some adorable pumpkin table decorations. And so on....

This is on top of the other projects I want to do. I've been saying forever that I'm going to get some big pots for our entryway and stencil our monogram onto them. Or get those snazzy little decals I see on etsy.

I should probably not admit that, after living in our house for 14 months, the name plaque of the previous owners is still on our front door. (Hey, the screws are stripped, what am I supposed to do?) It is covered by a wreath until I figure how to pry that sucker off. That's probably a little more important of a task to tackle than cutesy decorations.

Reading blogs gives me so many ideas! You people are so creative and talented! You make me want to bake cupcakes, decoupage my step stool, sew some beautiful throw pillows for the family room couch, and decorate our bland and boring bedroom (and that's just this week!) I fail, however, when it comes to actually acting. Oh well. With basketball season around the corner, I'm about to come into the part of the year when I'm on my own a lot. I'm thinking I'm going to use the time to do these little things that will make me happy.

Now I just have to decide where to start! (The pots...I'm going to start with the pots...)

No comments:

Post a Comment