Tuesday, August 4, 2009

R.I.P.

We gather together today to remember a faithful friend who apparently breathed her last breath (or drew her last volt) this morning. My Chi. My dear, pink Chi.

I've been wearing my hair wavy/curly a lot more often lately, I wonder if she got all dramatic on me and committed suicide because she wasn't getting attention anymore? That seems a little extreme. Whatever her reason, when I returned to her after her usual minute warm up period, her little red light was not glowing.

I touched the plate, thinking maybe it was just the light that was broken. I tried hitting the reset button, oh, 34 times. I moved the Chi to other outlets, hoping that was the problem. No luck.

I still have my old HAI stashed away somewhere, so I am not totally lost. But I got the Chi because the Hai wasn't heating up so well anymore. We'll see how long she lasts. My hairdresser has always talked about a place you can send your Chi for repair, so I'll call her up and get some more information on that.

(Yes, I refer to my hair appliances as "she". We've got a close relationship, ok?)

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog and loved it! Sorry for your time of mourning. RIP Chi. I understand the importance of a good hair straightener. Hopefully your pain will go away. Haha. Excited to be a new follower and see what adventures you have next!

    ReplyDelete