Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend recap...

#1...I wrote a very long, very rambly entry last Thursday about how super insanely crazy excited I was to be going to Jacksonville on Friday for a Kenny Chesney concert. However, in my excitement I never hit "publish post", so consider yourselves spared. At any rate, the concert was as fantastic as I'd hoped it would be! Mr. Chesney did not disappoint. The best part of the concert? Definitely when he changed the words to "We Went Out Last Night". He sang it as, "...I was a doctor, a lawyer, a senator's son, Tim Tebow's brother or a man on the run, anything I thought could get the job done..." Oh yes, Mr. Volunteer-State Man, you know how it is. Hehe. Even if you did "only" go to East Tennessee State... The second best part was all the hoochie-women dancing in the isles like they were auditioning for a strip club. A guy from our section actually went up and tried to tuck a dollar bill into one "lady's" pocket, it was that bad (good?)!


#2...I finally finished the scrapbook for our June vacation. I don't do the fancy-schmancy scrapbooks with the frou-frou paper and die cut stuff, that is way too much for me. I'm happy just having photos/ticket stubs/receipts/pamphlets/etc. stuck into a regular album in some sort of chronological order. Savannah, Chattanooga/Ruby Falls, visits to wineries, the Orioles game, and visiting all my family in Annapolis---it is all there! This is a big deal for me. I am constantly talking about making albums, but this is probably the first one I've finished since 2005. So that's why I'm telling you!

#3...A little update regarding the mourning of my CHI. On Friday, my husband informed me that my hair dryer was no longer working. Now, my hair dryer is just as special to me as my flat iron. It's a T3 and one of those splurges my mom convinced me was ok ("Kate, treat yourself to something frivilous and fancy now while you're single and kid-free, when it's no one's business but your own what you're spending money on". Smart advise, mama!) Anyhow, long story short: the good news is that neither my Chi or the dryer are broken. The bad news is that none the outlets in the bathroom are working (we tried flipping the breaker, no beans). Hmmm....it seems like buying new hair appliances would have been cheaper than hiring the electrician we'll be needing.


2 comments:

  1. Oh no, your hair is taking a hit lately! No straightener? No dryer? Aye curumba! I love Kenny. I bet he was awesome to see live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your CHI and hair dryer.
    It's strange that it would happen two days in a row. Maybe it is the electricity.

    ReplyDelete