Thursday, February 5, 2009

Here we go!

A blog. Well, if everyone else has one, then why not me?

So, hello everyone. Let's see if I can hit the basics: I'm Kate. I'm in my (sob) late 20's and a newlywed to a very awesome basketball-coaching hubby. No kids (yet). I've lived in Central Florida all my life, and absolutely adore where I call home. Sweet Southern Sunshine, all year round! We are new homeowners, and it's a lot of fun--and work. Our pets (2 cats, 1 dog, 1 mouse) mean the world to us. Some of my very favorite things to do are home decorating, crafting, jewelry making, baking (I love my pink Kitchen Aid stand mixer), road tripping, and watching my hubby coach. I have a sick obsession with polka dots and nail polish. I love my pearls, pink converse sneakers, Vera Bradley bags, Cherry Coke, citrus, and cookbooks. I want to start a (organic as possible) garden. I'm a stickler for good manners and doing what is "proper", but at the same time have zero tolerance for stuffiness. I guess that's the country girl in me. I truly love sports (I'd better!) and am also quite passionate about animals and our environment.

Despite my propensity for prissiness, I describe myself as no-nonsense--I don't have time for drama, pretentious behavior or anyone who isn't "real". I want to live my life as my own original production, rather than wasting my precious time on earth putting on a show for others. I'm non-fiction all the way. (Sometimes I wonder if some of these blogs are for real: people can't be that perfect all the time, can they?)

I'm still not certain what direction I'd like this blog to go in, or what my focus will be. As far as I can see, I won't be too much different that a lot of what is already out there. I'm just going to write about what makes up my life--the good, the bad, and the boring--and my thoughts on what I think is important. I have no hopes or goals for this thing to take off and be read by thousands of followers. All I want is for this to be my little internet journal. If anyone wants to read it, I'm actually kind of humbled.

So, that's me in as few words as this mouthy wench can muster. Having such a strange mix of interests, I don't expect to appeal to a wide audience. So if you've found me and actually enjoy what you read, please leave me a comment and say hi. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment