Monday, February 9, 2009

Nailed!

Good morning, my lovelies (I like to pretend people are actually reading this, that way I feel a bit less like I'm standing in a room alone talking to my cats).

If you hang out with me for more than 5 minutes, you will come away knowing that I am a gal with a slight nail polish obsession. I was a horrible nail biter until about 2 years ago. It was a habit my sister and I both picked up from my mom. So gross, so unladylike. I'd hide my hands whenever possible! Then one day my vanity kicked in full blast and I was able to quit. You know what it was? Meeting my future husband! I just knew that he was The One and in time I'd have a ring to show off, so I needed presentable hands. LOL!

So now I buy nail polish like my life depends on it. I am not the typical gal when it comes to choosing colors. Traditional Frenches, pales and sheers generally do nothing for me. I like to joke that in a previous life, my nails belonged to a flamboyant black woman. I have every color in the world. My favorites are pinks (of course), reds, and purples. 90% of the time, that's what I wear. I also own quite a few blues, greens and...well, you name it, I own it. I love color! I keep my nails pretty short, so I don't feel I'm too garish when wearing, say, today's bright juicy fuschia.

Today's Monday Mani, kicking off Valentines Day Week, is Zoya Audrina. Zoya's "Gossip" collection is from Summer 2008 and all polishes are named after characters from "The Hills" (or so I've heard, I have never watched the show because reality tv---especially reality tv about people who's lives in no way reflect reality---annoys the living daylights out me). In any event, I love my nails today.


This lovely photos is not my own, it is taken by Michelle at A Stroke of Color ( http://astrokeofcolor.blogspot.com/). It is one of many wonderful blogs devoted to nail polish, and I highly suggest you check it out for some inspiration and admiration! One of these days I'll start taking my own photos. Like I need another thing on my "to do" list, right? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment