Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Mishmash

...because it's that kind of Monday. :-p

A good weekend it was! We had a garage sale on Saturday and managed to unload a ton of crap gently loved belongings on our neighbors. Let it clutter your garage! I'd had visions of doing a great Derby Party this year, but somehow the first Saturday in May totally snuck up on me. Ooops. Further proof I am not Martha. Hubby and I still made mint juleps. Growing all that mint wasn't for nothing (plus, we have a summer full of pool parties and mojitos to look forward to).

Sunday was our cousin's graduation, and it went extremely well. Gainesville was just as I knew it to be as soon as May 1 rolls around: searingly hot. Roughly 20 family members assembled to watch the ceremony and go out to eat afterward and, to my knowledge, no blood was shed. I had my token "why did my son marry this crazy liberal hippie?" moment from my Mother in Law when I did not immediately and enthusiastically chime in with her to agree that sex ed should not be taught in middle schools. Oh, and again when I had to defend myself for not pledging a Sorority. (PSA: there is no satisfactory answer for a woman who was president of her sorority in college, so don't even bother trying to explain.)

My sister is holding a birthday BBQ for her hubby the weekend after next, so I am already planning what to bring. Parties of any sort are an excuse for me to bake cupcakes. I think I'm going to go with these:


Tie Dye Cupcakes




Aren't those fun?! I think my brother-in-law and the other guests will love them. They even look fun to make. It'll be a shame to frost them!



PS: Go Magic! Round 2 starts tonight, beat those Celtics!

No comments:

Post a Comment