Monday, May 18, 2009

Sephora

I saw this on Facebook and thought it'd be cute to post. The original "answers" posted on their site are a bit gag-worthy. Totally un-subtle "I hope you're too dumb to realize I'm shilling" advertising annoys me.

Welcome to Sephora's 25 Beauty Confessions! You know the drill - if I tagged you, it's because I want to know how you really get so gorgeous! Copy/Paste this list on a new Note in your NOTES application. Tell all - then tag your fellow beauty addicts. Don't forget to tag the person who tagged you.


1. What is the 1 product you'd grab if your house was on fire?
As big of a beauty junkie as I am, the last thing I'd be thinking about saving as my house burned down would be a tube of lipstick. I think that's their overly dramatic way of asking what my fave product is. If that's what they mean, I think I love my Stila eyeshadows the most.

2. Which friend would you let make you over?
Ummm, none. No offense. ;)

3. What celeb do people think you look like?
I get Reese Witherspoon and Amy Adams a lot. One guy I dated swore up and down I looked just like Beverly D'Angelo.

4. What beauty product do you save for date night?
I just do my regular makeup, but a bit heavier. More eyeliner, or a true smokey eye. I'll wear anything anytime (in an appropriate form, of course).

5. Which of your guy friends takes longer than you, to get ready?
Hubby has been known to take his sweet time getting ready... :)

6. If you could create your own miracle beauty product, what would it be?
I would really love a body lotion with a high spf that didn't smell synthetic/chemically, sinks in quickly, and actually moisturizes. I want to be able to apply it, then go on with my other morning preparations and not feel like I'm getting ready to head out to the pool. I am tired of smelling bad and feeling all gummy. And I want to be able to buy it at a drugstore for under $12 a bottle.

7. How many different Sephora stores have you been to (and in which cities)?
Wow...just the Orlando store, I think! I feel so unworldly, all the sudden. My sister did take a picture of the store in Times Square when she visited, just for me. She knows what I care about, ha.

8. What's your best beauty tip?
Wear sunscreen! Don't smoke! Blondes--lay off the heavy black eyeliner, you look trampy (are you trying to look like Tara Reid after a bender?) Blend your eye shadow! Exfoliate!

9. What beauty products do you love to splurge on?
Philosophy skincare and bath/body products. "Love" isn't the word so much as "worth it", regarding their skincare. Foundations and concealers are also worth spending a bit more for, especially if you can get a nice sample first.

10. Which of your girlfriends would you bring on a Sephora shopping spree?
When I go to Sephora (or even Ulta) I need solitude. Or at least someone who is just peachy with me spending 45 minutes in deep thought and general silence as I browse the isles, smudge products all over the back of my hands and (9x out of 10) leave without purchasing.

11. What is your signature scent?
Philosophy Pure Grace or Amazing Grace. I also love Stella McCartney's Stella and DKNY Red Delicious for night time. RL Romance is a standby fave too.

12. I am on an endless quest for the perfect _________.
Taupe eyeshadow.

13. How old were you when you were allowed to wear makeup AND how old were you when you actually started wearing makeup?
Sixteen (both allowed and started). My mother was a lot smarter than the others, there was no use trying to snow her. I will allow concealer (ie, the one product that would have made middle school more bearable), appropriate mascara and gloss for my kids once they're 13, but no heavy foundations or eyeliner.

14. How many beauty products does it take to get you ready?
::counts:: 15 In my defense, that's hair, makeup and fragrance.

15. What lipstick/lip gloss is in your purse right now?
I try to only carry one lip product in my purse at a time...right now it's Revlon Glossy Rose Super Lustrous lipgloss. A great "my lips but better" color, and cheap!

16. Who is your celebrity beauty icon?
Reese, Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman

17. Where is the craziest place you've ever applied your makeup?
Probably an airplane...generally, I think anything more than a lipstick touch up or a pat of powder from your compact should be done in private.

18. Who of your tagged friends is ALWAYS camera ready?
n/a

19. Name the beauty brand you'd most love to be a spokesperson for?
Philosophy--because I could say fabulous things about the line and be able to be 100% honest (except Kiss Me lip balm--that stuff is awful)

20. If you could name your signature nail polish, what would you call it?
Kate (it'd be a bright and summery PINK with a purple duo shimmer to it) Zoya has a "Kate", but it is a hideous "mom mauve". Do I own it, regardless of how barfy the color is, just for the name? You betcha.

21. Out of your tagged friends, who's the most Sephora-obsessed?
n/a

22. Fave mascara right now?
Cover Girl Lash Blast or L'Oreal Voluminous. I refuse to buy high end mascara, only to toss it after 3 months.

23. The last thing you bought at Sephora?
I used to live 10 minutes from the mall with Sephora. Since moving, my damage has been online only. My last order was 1/5/09: Sephora brand dry oil (tangerine grapefruit) and Bliss "The Big Orange" set (Blood Orange & White Pepper body butter and body wash).

24. I try never to be seen without wearing _______.
I always wear makeup when I go out (meaning a bare minimum mineral powder foundation, blush, concealer, a wash of shadow, liner, mascara and gloss). At 8 am Sunday morning I might run to Publix bare faced, but that's it. Call me vain, fine, but it only takes 5 minutes and I feel better when put together.

25. One beauty product you recommend to ALL of your girlfriends?
The Ped Egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment