Monday, July 6, 2009

My evil plan worked!

Ok, so I wasn't actually plotting anything (evil or otherwise), but I am pleasantly surprised by the results of my actions.

Hubby and I have different ideal timelines for starting a family. Hubby is of the "sooner rather than later" mindset. He claims he doesn't want to be an "old dad" (um, honey, you're 31, that's nowhere near old). Me, I'd like to wait a year or two. My reasoning is that we've only been married for 10 months and a couple for only 2 years, and I want some quality "husband and wife time", before we're full time mom and dad.

Recently, I've been trying to warm up to the idea of pushing the timetable up a bit. I've been reading pregnancy websites and blogs. I found some old baby books out in the garage and brought them in to read. I've been quizing Hubby on his opinions regarding circumcision, disposable diapers, and formula feeding.

So last night, as we're lying in bed and I'm rambling on for the 23rd time about which room should be the nursery and what I should do with all my arts/crafts stuff in there, he announces that he's perfectly content with waiting a bit longer to start having little ones and not to worry.

It may have been my questions about his blood type and genetic testing that put him over the edge. It may have been his way to avoid cleaning out all my junk in the future nursery. Whatever it is, I'm happy he's content with having a few more football seasons and summer vacations as "just us two". You know, so we can tell our kids about how cool we used to be.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog...I love the pic for your profile...what a gorgeous bouquet! Enjoy the "just the 2 of us". That is gone pretty quickly when a baby comes along!

    ReplyDelete