Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A bit of this, a bit of that...

A few random thoughts, because that's all I can manage today!

* I made a really great dinner! Shrimp and (cheese) grits. OMG. Y'all. Sooo good. I haven't had shrimp and grits in a long time, and I'd forgotten what a sublime combination it is. It was a Paula Deen recipe, so how could I go wrong? I love Paula. She reminds me of my mama! I cannot find the recipe I used online, but it is in her book, Paula Deen and Friends: Living it up, Southern Style. (I have all her cookbooks, I told you I have a serious Paula fixation!)

* Speaking of Paula, I think I'm going to try to get Hubby to do long weekend in Savannah soon. I need to visit The Lady & Sons. Maybe if we can do a 4 day weekend (perhaps in early June after school's over?) we could visit Charleston too. Once I get an idea in my head, I obsess over it. So knowing me, I'll have our weekend planned before we even pick a time to go!

* I want an iced tea maker. I have an electric kettle (which could be my very favorite kitchen appliance...after my KitchenAid mixer and waffle iron...) so I am set for making hot tea. And yes, I use it to make iced tea, so it is a multi-tasker. But still, I say we need a Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker.

* To detox after a long and stressful day at work, I sat down after dinner and read some new (to me) blogs. It seems everyone but me stocked up on the adorable pink and green springy things Target was selling recently. Beyond cute. I want a green damask beverage tub! And those adorable placemats! And ohmygoodness, that apron. This is the only "bad" part about being married: Hubby, despite his tolerance for my love of all things super-girly, doesn't not want to live in a home that appears to be decorated by Elle Woods (silly man). I did buy that pink peony arrangement--I love peonies, and it was cheaper than attempting to make it myself.

I think it's time for me to head off to dreamland. Tomorrow promises to be another "fun" day at work (and yes, when I say "fun", I mean "never-ending", haha) I am grateful to have a job, don't get me wrong. I know plenty of people who'd love to have a job to complain about. I thank my lucky stars! But if a girl can't have a bit of an outlet on her own blog, where can she?

No comments:

Post a Comment