Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Orly Prepster

I must admit, I got a flutter of excitement in me when I read that Orly was going to release a collection named "Prepster". Can you blame me? It didn't quite live up to my expectations, but it didn't totally disappoint either. Here's a photo of the display:



Prim and Proper: Lavendar Shimmer
Tennis Anyone?: Nude Creme
OMG: Fuschia Pink Creme
Polo Princess: Pale Pink Creme
Country Club Khaki: Taupe Creme
Cashmere Cardigan: Iris Blue Creme

The only one I've purchased is Polo Princess (I have *unintelligible murmer of total* polishes, but no Eastery pink creme!) Prim & Proper, Cashmere Cardigan and OMG are also nice colors. Very fun, very spring-y. Tennis Anyone? looks like a Band Aid color (not very appealing, in my opinion...there are a skidzillion better nudes out there). And Country Club Khaki? I think the phrase I'm searching for to describe it is "butt ugly". I've noticed concrete colors are trendy this year, but do you know any preppy ladies that would actually paint their nails the color of mud? Me neither. I'm a little sad there's not a green to complement the pink, but realistically I'm probably the only preppy-gal out there who'd paint her nails green (come on, it'd be a fun pedicure! lol)

These are available at Sally Beauty and Ulta right now. They're also up on my favorite places to order polish online: TransDesign, Head2ToeBeauty, and 8ty8Beauty. Orly is sold for $3 and change online. Shipping is a bit steep, so unless you're going to order more than 6 polishes, I'd just pick them individually at a store. (If you are going to order online, I suggest that ladies in the South order from TransDesign--they're based in Georgia and we get our packages in just a couple days!)

(A semi-related rant/tangent, I hate the word "Prepster". It just makes me cringe! I think too many years spent at a Prep School will do that to ya...I never heard the word from outsiders in a complimentary sense. Whatever, I loved high school, I got to wear plaid, khaki and polo shirts every day, haha...actually, things haven't changed much!)

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog!

    The Country Club Khaki is AWFUL. I just saw it the other day, and I was quite shocked. Preppy it is not! I bought the Cashmere Cardigan, and I cannot wait to wear it after Easter!

    ReplyDelete