Thursday, April 2, 2009

JLGO

For a while now, I've been kicking around the idea of joining Junior League of Greater Orlando. Or at least having a look-see.

I am not a social butterfly. I am not a Type A Personality. I don't even know if I'd fit in at JL, but I'm curious nonetheless. I'm looking for an organization where I can 'get out there' and participate in volunteer opportunties (without feeling like a slave), and hopefully meet some great women while I'm at it.

I will be 100% honest: we all know the stereotypes. If it's an entitled clique of "ladies who lunch" who do feel-good work to feel better about their high station in life....then that is not for me. I'm not rich, I'm not a sorority alumna, and I do not 'do' cattiness. I get that it's not the 4-H club, but you know what I mean.

I wish I knew more ladies my own age who were a part of it. I know every chapter is different, but I'd love to hear from them and find out their experiences. On the off chance any Orlando-area JL members have stumbled upon SSS, can ya give me the dirt? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment